Wednesday 10 October 2012

Well, here goes...

Hmm. The awkward opening post. Here goes. I wanted to write a blog because so many things happen every day that we don't record or remember for posterity. I take photos when I go for a walk and stick them at the back of the hard drive. I do silly doodles and throw them away. I moan about the 75th coffee shop opening in town, but never share my misery. Things like that.

Reading some blogs this week about things that interest me made me think, why not just do your own? It seems people writing about things that are close to their heart or community can actually be made interesting for anyone with even only a fleeting interest. I spent 4 hours yesterday reading an entire archive of blogs about somewhere that I haven't lived for over 25 years, yet was enthralled and totally impressed by the quality of writing and love for the subject that the blogger had. 

I want to be like that, and so I bring you, dear reader, my attempt. 

First, a little about me.
I'm Dan, I'm 39 years of age and live in the beautiful and historic City of Lichfield. I am ridiculously happily married and have two beautiful, clever children. (Girls, obviously.)
I work in Lichfield (the day job) and I am an artist (the day job I'd like to have) at weekends.I guess I'll have to share some of my doodlings and noodlings as we go. I am terribly nostalgic, and love to pick up little bits and pieces from my youth, something else I'll share; you'll see what I mean as we go on. 
I am totally unashamed to admit I am a nerd about all types of things, and this I'm sure will come across in future posts. (I'm getting excited thinking about the crap I can post on here...) And that's about it. I'll let the blog show you just how uninteresting I am, but also how blissfully happy I am with it.

Thanks for reading this far!

Dan

P.S. I grew up in Margate and Ramsgate, and will be sharing some of my memories from there too, but the main content will be observations on Lichfield. 

No comments:

Post a Comment