Wednesday 24 October 2012

Arcade artwork (Part 1 of an occasional series)

Back to blogging after a few days hiatus; I just haven't had the time to write! In between doing other stuff, fixing stuff and falling out of lofts, my blogging has been on pause...So here is a blog that is not a moan, but a bit of fun today. Moaning service will be resumed tomorrow, I assure you. 

Back in the 70's and 80's, arcade machine manufacturers would attract arcade operators with flyers to advertise and promote the profit making probability of their latest games. No internet back then to sell their wares. Of course,being the 70's and 80's, some of the designs from these ads really hark back to another time. Some are questionable in their quality, some are questionable in their sales plug. All feature big hair.

Here's a taster batch, and I'll post more at probably highly irregular intervals.

Back To The Future pinball, with possibly the worst looky likeys never to ride a DeLorean.
"I haven't had this much fun since root canal surgery last March."


Pepper II - this woman clearly has no idea what she is doing, or playing. In fact I have no idea what she's playing either.


Gold Wings! Top Gun! Rip Off!

Left picture - 'I hate you...' Right picture - 'I love you, Stargate.'

Not only is the chap on the right wearing a leathery C-3P0 based outfit, it's also back to front. No wonder he's facepalming.

This is NOT the Mr.Do I envisaged when I played this as a kid.











No comments:

Post a Comment